Nursing Pet Boarding
This service is for pets that require extra attention from our professional health care team.
At Wilkinson Animal Hospital, we’re proud to offer outstanding nursing care boarding services for your beloved pet in addition to comprehensive veterinary care.
We know that each pet is unique, and our veterinary professionals will make every effort to accommodate your pet’s needs and ensure they are safe, happy, and cared for during their stay.
Nursing Pet Boarding at Wilkinson Animal Hospital
We recommend this for geriatric pets or any pets with health conditions that require daily hands-on nurse care (such as diabetes, heart disease, overly arthritic pets that need help, pets who are on multiple medications that have to be monitored, etc.).
Nurse care boarding allows the pet to be monitored closely on a daily basis for any changes in health or behavior.
About Our Pet Boarding Facilities
We take great pride in maintaining a clean and comfortable facility for your pet.
Our boarding area is temperature-controlled and spacious, and your pet receives frequent care and attention from our friendly, compassionate staff.
The following items are included in the special care boarding package:
- Monitoring food intake, bowel movements and urination, temperature (as needed)
- Daily weight monitoring (as needed.)
- Administration of all medications pet is on (medicine must be brought by client)
- Additional Feedings and supplements as directed by client.
- Walks outside (as needed.)
No double occupancy for nursing care boarders. Some of these pets may be best kept in the hospital area. We will do what is best for the pet.
All boarding guests must be up-to-date on vaccinations. If your pet requires any vaccinations before staying with us, we are happy to provide the vaccines for an additional fee.
We require dogs to be up-to-date on:
- Canine Distemper/Parvovirus
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough)
We require cats to be up-to-date on:
- Feline Distemper
- Rabies vaccines
Reservations are preferred, especially during holidays, but we can generally accommodate last-minute or emergency boarding needs.
Our boarding facility is open for drop-off and pick-up whenever the office is open.
Why Board Your Pet at a Veterinary Practice?
- Medications are administered by trained veterinary staff.
- If there is an emergency or your pet needs immediate medical care, our veterinarians and medical team are onsite for a quick response.
- If your pet requires updated vaccinations before boarding, we can give vaccinations on the day of drop-off.
- We offer veterinary exams or other medical services needed during your pet’s stay.
We welcome your questions about our boarding facilities and policies and are eager to discuss how we can make your pet’s stay as positive as possible.